What are you doing to prevent the Flu?
The best way to prevent the Flu is to have a strong, healthy immune system. Here are several ways to boost your immune system:
1. SALT THERAPY!!! Dry Salt Therapy naturally detoxifies the lungs, thins mucous in the sinuses and lung tissue. Salt is naturally antibacterial, antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory. It kills germs and viruses and improves immune function.
2. Get your sleep! Averaging 7 to 8 hours of sleep will help rejuvenate your system and improve your immune health.
3. Drink plenty of water. Staying hydrated is key! All of our cells use water to maintain bodily functions.
4. Get plenty of sunshine. We spend way too much time indoors and exposed to artificial light. The natural sunlight your skin and body absorbs helps the body produce Vitamin D. Optimal levels of Vitamin D is essential to a properly functioning immune system.
5. Remove toxins from your home. Many home cleaning supplies contain chemicals that are known to negatively affect your immunity. Natural personal care products such as natural deodorants are a great way to prevent chemicals from seeping into our sweat glands and skin tissue.
6. Exercise! Preferably outdoors. Exercise is a great way to produce natural endorphin’s that improve our mood and immunity.
7. Proper supplementation. If we are not getting the proper nutrients through food proper supplementation is a good way to ensure your immune system functions properly. To be clear, the word is supplement, not replace! Eating a proper diet filled with veggies and fruits is best.
8. Stress reduction. Reducing stress has a positive effect on our mood, energy and immunity. Meditation, yoga, and sports are great ways to reduce stress.
9. Eat organic foods. Organic foods are free from pesticides. Pesticides have been proven to cause disease and weaken your immune system.
Prevention is key! Washing your hands with soap and water is very important. Following the suggestions above will help protect you and those around you!